The EWS Series - Whole House Water Conditioning System provides quality, filtered and conditioned water to the entire home, creating a healthier water environment for you and your family.
* All the benefits of a softener without the salt
• Actively inhibits scale formation in pipes and water heaters without the corrosivity, poor taste, and brine discharge from salt/potassium water softeners
• Improves water taste and clarity; removes odors throughout the entire home (more info)
• Removes chlorine and VOC's, eliminates the need for bottled water
• Healthier water for skin, hair and body
• Easier clean-up of water spots, better use of soaps
• Improved shower, bath and steam room environments
• Pure water from every faucet in your house
• Service the EWS once every 8-10 years, 1 million gallons - No salt bags, no resin, no hassles!
The EWS physical conditioner is not a traditional water softener where hardness minerals are exchanged for sodium or potassium salts (salt creates its own set of problems). It uses a catalytic process called Increased Calcite Nucleation (ICN) where the hardness minerals are taken out of solution, and put in suspension whereby the problems associated with hard water are eliminated.
ICN Process: The water is passed through sediment and activated carbon filtration to remove sediment and chemicals, then the water travels up through the riser into the ICN manifold, where the conditioner breaks the calcium and magnesium minerals apart from the water molecules. In other words the hardness minerals are taken out of solution, and put in suspension. Once in suspension, the minerals become attracted to each other and no longer adhere to surfaces – no more scale, chemicals, bad tastes or odors.
The granular activated carbon (GAC) high grade filtration media found in the EWS Series removes chlorine and other volatile organic compounds (VOC's), improving the taste, clarity and odor of all the water. The purified water improves drinking and cooking, bathing and showering, steam and sauna for you and your family, pets and plants. The EWS Series Whole House Water Conditioning Systems create a quality water environment.
Easier wipe up of water spotting, better use of soaps, scale prevention within your pipes and water heater, and filtered water to your entire home. Without the salt-softener related issues of slippery feeling water, brine discharge and other problems.
The EWS Series has a minimal impact on the water pressure. The automatic backwash does not allow the filtration media to pack, channel or pool; this prevents any bacterial build-up and provides continued and renewed surface area for filtration. Replace the GAC carbon every 8-10 years based on usage and conditions.
Digital Technology Valve
• Designed to provide years of maintenance free operation.
• Easy time set
• Consumer friendly
• Easier for install/start-ups
• Shorter, yet more efficient backwash cycles
• No timer motor to burn out
• Years of efficient, no-hassle operation
• Installs easily at the main water supply line
• No soft water "Loops" needed to avoid softened water to drinking taps, pools and plants
• Any home with a 3/4" to 1" water supply line
• Drain (backwash) water is safe, no brine discharge
• Safe for pets, plants, pools, spas, fixtures, accessories, finishes and surfaces
Use the EWS-1054 for the standard sized home or Light Commercial applications with moderate water hardness. Average sized home with 4 or less baths and people, with average water usage, one water heater, with 15 grains (250 ppm or mg/l) of hardness or less on 3/4" -1" service line. The EWS-1354 Series should be considered for harder water, larger homes, larger families (5 or more), greater water usage, multiple water heaters, pools, spas, main service line and/or water conditions, based on the need for additional conditioning capabilities.
Model No: EWS-1054
Tank Size: 10" x 54"
Media Content: 1.5 cu. ft. / 41 lbs.
Sediment mesh filter: 20 microns
Conditioning: One ICN
Line Size: 3/4" to 1"
Valve Head: DTV
Installed Unit Size: 10" x 62"
Water Flow: Up to 15 Gallons Per Minute
Backwash: Up to 4 Gallons Per Minute
Granular Activated Carbon (GAC) - Primary Filtration Media
• Large surface area results in an exceptionally high capacity and efficiency. Activated Carbon is very hard so losses due to attrition are kept to a minimum. GAC constitutes an excellent filtration media, having a density with a balanced pore structure for more efficient operation. GAC should be replaced when the filter loses the capacity for removal of taste and odor.
Filter Replacement # POE-10
GAC Physical Properties:
Color: Black, Form: Granular, Mesh Size: 12 x 40
Density: 33lbs. / cu. ft., Water Soluble Ash: less than 0.5%
Iodine No.: 1200 Abrasion No.: 75 min.
Meets and complies with: American Water Works Association
Bed Depth: 26 - 30 in., Backwash Rate: 8-10 gpm
Backwash Bed Expansion: 30 - 40 % of bed depth
Under Bed Filter Sand:
Keeps riser in place and promotes better flow and even water distribution through media bed and during backwash cycles to lift bed uniformly.
The ICN's Field triggers a reaction (increased calcite nucleation) that changes the structure of the minerals as they relate to water molecules. Minerals become suspended and form concentric patterns into free floating disks which make the hardness minerals attach to each other and no longer adhere to hard surfaces. The ICN unit is a series of dissimilar metals, which creates the field that triggers this reaction (This is not a magnet). This conditioning process is used widely by EWS throughout the US and around the World.
System Service Flow Rate - up to 15 gpm
Media Service Flow Rate - 5 gpm / sq. ft.
Min/Max Water Temperature: 40º / 80 ºF - 4.4 / 62.8C
Min/Max Water Pressure: 40 PSI / 85 PSI
Warning: Install Pressure Reducing Valve (PRV), (by code in places), to prevent pressure surges and warranty issues
DTV - Digital Technology Valve: Controls automatic backwash cycles
Warranty: Valve - 3 years
Electrical: 24 volt for DTV operation
Drain: 1/2" to any location
Freeboard: Allows media space to lift during backwash
Filtration: GAC filtration media
Conditioning: One ICN within the riser manifold
Tank: Tough epoxy and fiberglass outer laminate, seamless, one-piece blow molded
Warranty: Tank - 10 years
Stainless Steel Jacket: cover only, non-functional
Lower Riser Screen and Under Bed: Water distribution
THIS ITEM SHIPS BY MOTOR FREIGHT AND CANNOT BE SHIPPED BY PRIORITY MAIL. APPROX. 7-10 DAYS PROCESSING / SHIPPING